Sunday, July 4, 2010

Oak Park - Amazing winter diving in Sydney

With the colder water the creatures of the deep are feeling amore. We witnessed territorial disputes amongst the cuttlefish and found 2 cuttlefish getting jiggy.
Santiago and me before the dive
My new slave strobe, learning to focus and adobe Photoshop is starting to pay off with great improvements in my pictures from yesterdays dive.

Here is a slide show of the days photos.


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

The water is getting colder with my computer registering a temperature of 14 degrees. This is probably surface wind chill temperature but it does feel colder than previous weeks. I invested in a new lava core hood ( Lavacore by Pinnacle - Oceanic ) and I must say I did like the improvement in head heat. It seemed to add a little buoyancy and was nowhere near as restrictive as a neoprene hood. If you are worried about the cold then you should try one of these hoods, I found it a great improvement in thermal comfort.

My buddies were Mihn and Santiago with only 3 other divers out. What happened to all the winter divers.?

Still it is good to get parking on Jibbon street near the beach. Here is my favourite photo from the day.

2 male cuttlefish vying for the rights to the nearby female














Here is the video of the winner taking his prize "Bow Chicka Bow Wow"

No comments:

Post a Comment