Monday, July 19, 2010

Magic Point Shark dive 10th July 2010

I was DM on the magic point shark dive so I didn't take my camera with me so no photographs of this dive.

I must admit the dive exceeded my expectations with sightings of 9 (some counted 11) Grey Nurse sharks. We also saw an Angel shark and a large sting ray.

I would recommend this dive as the boat trip is relatively painless with pick up from Long Bay and a 5 minute boat ride to the dive site. On this day the visibility was excellent with up to 20M.
I used a waterproof bag to take my towel, sunscreen and a few other divers personal belongings to the the boat (it is a swim out to the boat -no gangplank) but you really don't need anything once you are on the boat other than your dive gear.

Here is a video some others took on this dive- it needs white balancing hence the green hue but I shouldn't be so picky :)

No comments:

Post a Comment