Thursday, December 23, 2010

Open Water Course

We started with a pool session in Lilli Pilli Pool where there was some concrete grinding going on nearby that made it very difficult to talk to the students in the pool. One student had to repeat the tread water session at the end of the skills and everyone completed their closed water dives succesfully.

The wind was howling from the West and the mouth of the Georges River was like a washing machine as we left the pools to travel down to Oak Park for our first open water dive. I was amazed to find Oak Park as flat as a mill pond. There was not even a ripple near the waters edge as it is completely sheltered from the Westerlies.
We had a great first dive and was visited by very friendly blue gropers, goat fish and even saw a small bull ray departing as we approached.

Day 2 was at Bare Isalnd where we had our final 3 dives. The swell from the South East was quite large and at high tide it was a bit hairy getting out on the East side of the island.
After the first dive the swell settled as the tide dropped so we completed all three dives on the East side.

Another 3 successfully entered the ranks of Open Water Scuba Diver.

160-164

1 comment:

  1. Hey!!Every once in a while I get out my dive log, and glance through the pages, reliving my diving exploits. I'll close my eyes, and some of those memories come so clearly that I feel like I'm right back in the water at a particular dive site.

    online dive log

    ReplyDelete