Wednesday, June 9, 2010

PADI Open Water Instructor Exam - passed

Well I passed the 3 day instructor exam and to be honest it was nowhere near as hard as the Instructor Development Course.
I made a few mistakes on my open water presentation, more due to nerves than anything else, but still passed with flying colours.

My advice to anyone preparing for the exam would be to
  • know your PADI standards, I saw a few people fail on the standards exam and I think it may be because everyone worries more about the diving theory than the Standards.
  •  in any water presentations don't stop until you are cut. Our examiner would always cut the presentation once he had seen the required proficiency. I saw someone fail by not getting all parties to donate and receive air using an alternative air source. They told the examiner they were finished and he shrugged his shoulders as if "are you sure?". They said "yes" and failed!



This is the traditional "Jager Bomb" the final rite of passage for Abyss Instructors.

No comments:

Post a Comment